Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The shocking truth about our universe

OK, so I'm just going to jump in with both feet, here. The shocking truth is this: I don't believe in the expanding universe. Shocking, but there it is. Not that I'm an astrophysicist or anything, but what I've heard about the subject just doesn't convince me. As I understand it, there is a phenomenon called "red shift", and it works like this: Stars emit light energy. That light energy has a certain frequency, based on what kind of star it is. Stars that burn hotter emit a bluer light, and cooler starts have more of a reddish hue. Well, it turns out, as this fellow named Hubble happened to notice, that the farther away a star is, the more reddish the hue is.
Well, I guess that's enough about that for now. Anyway, how do you like my Toad's Place picture?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad, I'd like to hear more about this from you, I'm not sure if I really understood just reading it. See you soon! <3 Alice

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, dude. Looking forward to reading it...

I don't think I know enough about the universe to weigh in, but it does sound quite interesting nonetheless.

-Keith